To Check Domain Availability
Whether it is your first time hosting a website or you are doing it for the hundredth time, there cannot be a website if there’s no domain name. A domain name is the identity card for a website that is hosted on online servers. People are going to search for your website by typing the domain name. You cannot go wrong when you are choosing a domain name. A good and reliable domain name can help your website considerably in the long run. So, you have to double To Check Domain Availability before you select it for your website. Here are a few things to consider.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Domain
With millions of domain names available in the world, people are going through them on a regular basis. Choosing a good and unique domain name is the first step towards building an effective business online. Failing to do so can affect your business very seriously. So, here are some tips that are going to help you –
- Keep it simple and predictable –if your domain name is difficult to read and write, then it naturally becomes a tedious task for the audience to search for your website and search for it. You have to keep a domain name short and memorable so that people can easily spell and pronounce them. This will significantly increase the chance of your website attracting more attention and visitors to the site.
It can be a wise decision to use your brand name as the domain name so that people find it even easier to search for your website. If you see the top brands in the world live Google, Adidas or even McDonald’s, of them have set their domain names as per the brand name. A short and predictable name is always efficient. However, check domain availability before you finalise the right domain name.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens –don’t use any kind of special characters, numbers or even hyphens in the domain name. This makes the name even more difficult than before. All of these are nothing but distractions, and a small mistake will not take your audience to the website. So, they have to mug up the name or else even the slightest of errors can ruin their search results. This will discourage all of the potential customers from visiting the website. It also hampers word-of-mouth promotion. They might show interest in visiting the rivals website because it is easier to access and visit.
- Keep it short and concise –once again, we will focus on keeping the name simple. How are you going to do that? By keeping the name short and concise. This helps to make the name easier to remember and memorise. However, it does not mean that the shorter the name is, the more effective it is going to be. No! It’s not that. But, a shorter name has better chances of being discovered than a 3 words domain name. It should be ideally balanced – not too short nor too long. The optimal length of a domain name should be anywhere between 8 – 16 characters. Once the name is decided, check domain availabilityat one of the trusted websites.
- Choose a domain extension –the next part of making the best domain name is by choosing a good domain extension. A good extension can play a significant role in making the website more effective and easily accessible. Yes! It is more important than you can imagine. Some of the top extensions include – .com, .net, .org and .co. These four extensions are the most used and commonly found in the whole world. So, your audience will be expecting that. It makes your domain name predictable, which leads to better engagement and online traffic over time. More than 91% of all people find these kinds of extensions more usable and easier to use. You can add an extension and then check domain availabilityfor getting a unique domain name.
- Choose a TLD extension quickly –you have to be quick when choosing a TLD extension. There should be a sense of urgency when you are trying to decide on a TLD extension. That is why you should purchase your domain name as soon as you can after you double check domain availability. This is because thousands of people are surfing the internet to find a good domain name, and you never know when your domain name is taken away by someone else. Then, you will have to think it over once again. That is why you must act quickly here and buy the best domain name you have in your mind.
So, here are the top things you should check and work on when you are trying to decide on a new domain name for your business website. It may seem to be a very difficult task. But it is not. You just have to be quick and creative.
Final Words –
With several domain name registration providers in the market, you can get hold of one of them for registering your Domain Name Search. They will help you to register the name and give you the authority to use the specific name for using it from now. Do let us know which extension you are going to choose and which domain registrar have helped you.