“Can I be a great footballer??? What makes a great soccer player???”
These are not the questions but the concerns which live as a sprout deep within every young player’s mind, failing to receive the right guidance and the lack of resources, turn these concerns into a real horror.
To know what makes a great soccer player, is obvious and the most asked question, which is also accompanied by other questions too, How can I become like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi?
Indeed the quality-laden resources such as perfect training, guidance from a mentor and the best quality football to make the flow occur, but apart from this something which completes this magic potion is the number of key qualities that every top soccer player must possess.
Albeit, there are certain footballers who are blessed with natural ability, but even that doesn’t guarantee the success and the constant efforts and the training are required on and off the field to make the dream come true.
But you need to work hard to become a good soccer player, both on and off the field. You also need to have a love for the game that keeps you motivated when things aren’t going your way.
What exactly you need to have in order to create that OOMPH factor with your playing skills on the football ground???
Below I have mentioned the 5 main soccer player attributes that would help the player to transform into a top footballer.
Football cannot be played out of a fluke; you need to be instilled with many techniques to be a prominent face in your field, such as…
- Ball mastery & control- it allows the players to collect, control and manipulate the ball with both feet, legs, chest & head.
- Dribbling & running- With these players can move the ball in different directions at varying speeds with full control.
For a successful and great player, the mental attributes such as:
- Dedication, professionalism and work rate set the benchmark of success.
- You need to be poised, calm, have leadership attitude and filled with a positive attitude.
Keep The Great Vision
The composure on the ball can only be achieved when you have a vision and the game intelligence to predict the next move. To adapt these skills you need to have:
- The vision, awareness, instinctive reaction and adaptability.
- Pay attention to every detail of the game.
- Keep a close eye on the players who play in different and distinguished position.
For a real team player, there is never an ‘I’ but ‘WE’.
Every game including football is a team sport where players win and lose together; hence you need to work well with your teammates.
- You must pay attention to what your coach instructs and follow them too.
- If you have a specific skill, then make it your strong characteristics to win the game and the popularity.
When it comes to the professional ground the footballers complete the picture of an athlete, and their athletic body makes them distinct from rest of the players, like:
- Agility, Balance & Coordination in the body movements, which help the player to dribble, jump, turn and place the body into different positions.
- Keep the power & strength as effective as possible to win the strenuous playing schedules.
- Ensure the stamina is well-maintained in your body so you can control, focus & make a decision in every situation.
Last but not the least, a top footballer takes years to be recognized with all these attributes in practice along with the original football to play with from a leading sports company Cosco.
Cosco has been recognized as a milestone for various sports to improve the players’ abilities and take their game to the next level.
Get to know more about Cosco at: